This easy chickpea scramble is the perfect recipe for a delicious, quick and easy meal. It's high in protein and ready in just 10 minutes!
I'm totally in love with this scramble because is so simple and tasty! It's the perfect breakfast, although I also make it a lot for dinner because you just need 10 minutes to prepare an amazing, nutritious dish.
Serve it with your favorite ingredients like salad, raw or cooked veggies, carbs (potatoes and bread are my favorite ones), some healthy fat like avocado or anything you have on hand.
We made this recipe oil-free cooking the scramble with no oil and using homemade oil-free hummus, but feel free to add some oil to the scramble or the hummus, it's up to you!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
Easy Chickpea Scramble (10 Minutes)
For the chickpea scramble:
- 15 ounces canned or cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea or kala namak salt
- 6 tablespoon hummus
For serving (optional):
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Bread, gluten-free if needed
- Cherry tomatoes
- Add the chickpeas and the lemon juice to a mixing bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Add the spices and the hummus and mash again until well combined.
- Cook the chickpea scramble in a frying pan over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. We didn't add oil or any liquid.
- Serve with your favorite ingredients. We served our scramble with some sautéed mushrooms (we cooked them in a frying pan until golden brown with no oil), bread, avocado and cherry tomatoes.
- Keep the chickpea scramble in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- We prefer to use kala namak salt because it makes this recipe tastes like a real egg scramble, but any type of salt is okay.
- Add your favorite spices or herbs to the scramble and serve with your favorite ingredients.
- Hummus makes the scramble more fluffy and less dry, but feel free to use other dips like baba ghanoush or even tahini (we would add less tahini and some water instead).
- Recipe inspired by Minimalist Baker.