This curry powder will add flavor to all your recipes! It’s affordable, super easy to make, and ready in no time. Only 7 ingredients and 5 minutes required!
If you’re tired of flavorless dishes, this curry powder will save all your recipes! It is so flavorful I promise it’ll become a staple in your kitchen and you’ll want to use it every day.
The best part about this curry powder recipe is that it is extremely easy to prepare and only requires 7 ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Besides, it is also not expensive at all!
How to make curry powder
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and process to a fine powder.
- Use your curry powder immediately.
Curry powder ingredients and tips
- Ground cumin.
- Ground coriander.
- Red pepper flakes: feel free to adjust the amount of red pepper flakes depending on how spicy you want your curry powder to be.
- Ground turmeric.
- Ground black pepper: fresh ground black pepper tastes amazing. However, I find the store-bought version to be more convenient and also easier to measure with a teaspoon.
- Mustard seed: this ingredient is optional, so if you can’t find it, you don’t have to use it in your curry powder recipe.
- Ground ginger.
- Feel free to use this curry powder recipe in dishes like vegetable curry, lentil curry, or chickpea curry, among others.
What is curry powder?
If you’re wondering what is curry powder, it is a blend of different spices that tries to emulate the original flavors of Indian cuisine. It has a unique and distinctive flavor and goes well with quite a lot of recipes.
What’s in curry powder?
This curry powder contains spices like ground cumin, ground coriander, ground turmeric, and red pepper flakes, among other ingredients. As always, you can customize your curry powder recipe by adding or omitting some of these spices to taste.
Looking for more easy vegan recipes?
Did you make this curry powder recipe?Print
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp mustard seed
- What is curry powder? If you’re wondering what is curry powder, it is a blend of different spices that tries to emulate the original flavors of Indian cuisine. It has a unique and distinctive flavor and goes well with quite a lot of recipes.
- Feel free to customize your curry powder recipe with your favorite spices or herbs.
- You can also omit any spices you don’t like.
- Feel free to add more or less red pepper flakes depending on how spicy you want your curry powder to be.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 17
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 5 mg
- Fat: 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.4 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 0.7 g