This curry powder will add flavor to all your recipes! It's affordable, simple, and easy to make. Only 7 ingredients and 5 minutes required!
If you're tired of flavorless dishes, this curry powder will save all your recipes! It is so flavorful I promise it'll become a staple in your kitchen and you'll want to use it every day.
The best part about this recipe is that it is extremely easy to prepare and only requires 7 ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Besides, it is also not expensive at all!
How to make curry powder
- Add all the ingredients to a powerful blender and process to a fine powder.
- Use your curry powder immediately.
Ingredients and tips
- Ground cumin.
- Ground coriander.
- Red pepper flakes: feel free to adjust the amount of red pepper flakes depending on how spicy you want your powder to be.
- Ground turmeric.
- Ground black pepper: fresh ground black pepper tastes amazing. However, I find the store-bought version to be more convenient and also easier to measure with a teaspoon.
- Mustard seed: this ingredient is optional, so if you can’t find it, you don't have to use it in your recipe.
- Ground ginger.
- Feel free to use your powder in dishes like vegetable curry, lentil curry, or chickpea curry, among others.
What is curry powder?
It is a blend of different spices that tries to emulate the original flavors of Indian cuisine. It has a unique and distinctive flavor and goes well with quite a lot of recipes.
What's in curry powder?
This powder contains spices like ground cumin, ground coriander, ground turmeric, and red pepper flakes, among other ingredients. As always, you can customize your recipe by adding or omitting some of these spices to taste.
Looking for more easy vegan recipes?
Did you make this curry powder recipe?
This post contains affiliate links so you can easily find some of the products that we used to make this recipe. If you buy any of them through the links provided (without any extra cost for you), we'll get a commission. We're so grateful for your support!
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- Feel free to customize your curry powder recipe with your favorite spices or herbs.
- You can also omit any spices you don't like.
- Feel free to add more or less red pepper flakes depending on how spicy you want your curry powder to be.