I shared a picture of this tasty 15-minute cannellini bean stew on Instagram a few weeks ago and as I promised, here is the recipe!
It’s a super healthy, nutritious, quick and easy meal which is ready in less than 15 minutes. You can use canned cannellini beans (try to avoid nasty ingredients like preservatives or additives), although I prefer to cook big batches of brown rice and raw legumes every week to make my meals in a hurry. This is great if you are really busy and want to eat healthy. It’s the best thing you can do to avoid processed and junk food.
The stew will be also delicious if you use any other legume. You can also add some cooked brown rice or quinoa (I love it, but I don’t eat it very often because is really expensive here in Spain).
Alberto usually eats this stew with some salad, but I prefer to place a lot of leafy greens on the bottom of my plate and add the stew on the top. It’s really important to eat leafy greens every single day, they’re one of the most nutritious foods in the world.
I love low fat recipes, they’re really healthy and I always try to eat healthy fats like avocados, nuts, seeds (I adore tahini!), coconut or non refined oils. I used oil-free tomato sauce to make this recipe, but chopped tomatoes or tomato paste also work.
Sun dried tomatoes are so tasty! I buy them dried and I usually rehydrate them in a bowl with warm or hot water for at least 20 minutes or until they’re soft. I keep them in an airtight container for a few days. If you’re really busy, use store bought sun dried tomatoes in olive oil and drain the oil to make this recipe. We also have a recipe to rehydrate sun dried tomatoes in olive oil and herbs in our FREE eCoobook!
I’m always trying new recipes for the blog and just because I love to cook, but there are some easy recipes I always make on a daily basis or when I’m really busy and I just want to make something healthy and delicious to nourish my body, like this stew, it’s a must-try! If you make this 15-minute cannellini bean stew, leave a comment or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram (or your favorite social network), we really love your photos!
- 14 oz canned or cooked cannellini beans (400 g)
- 2 cups tomato sauce (500 g). Chopped tomatoes and tomato paste also work
- 1½ cup dried tomatoes rehydrate with water or oil (80 g), chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels (135 g)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- Black pepper to taste
- I rehydrate the sun dried tomatoes in a bowl with warm or hot water for at least 20 minutes or until they're soft. I keep them in an airtight container for a few days. Feel free to use store bought sun dried tomatoes in olive oil and drain the oil.
- Mix all the ingredients in a pan and cook for 10 or 15 minutes.
- Serve the stew with some lamb's lettuce and sesame seeds (optional).