I’m always trying new recipes because I’m a food blogger, but there are some dishes I’m always making because they taste amazing, are easy to make and good for my health, like this brown rice stir-fry with vegetables. I make this stir-fry every single week, seriously, I can’t believe I haven’t shared the recipe with you yet!
Being vegan is great, but sometimes it can be difficult to find healthy vegan dishes when you eat at restaurants. There is an Asian place in my town and I love it, it’s full of healthy food, you just have to place your favorite ingredients in a dish, choose a sauce and they make you a wonderful meal.
One day I realized I could make it at home and here is the recipe! Although they only have white rice I prefer brown rice because is more nutritious and tastes AMAZING! Use your favorite veggies or what’s in season, I use different vegetables every time, but I almost always add broccoli, it’s my favorite one.
This stir-fry is life-changing, leave a comment if you make it. I’m sure you’ll love it!
- Feel free to use other veggies, cereals or oil (avoid refined oils).
- For an oil-free recipe, just cook the veggies in some tamari or soy sauce.
- If you don’t like spicy food, omit the chili pepper or add less.
- ½ cup brown rice (100 g)
- 1 cup red cabbage (80 g)
- ½ head of broccoli
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ zucchini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1 red chili pepper
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Cook the brown rice according to package directions.
- Boil water in a wok and add the veggies (chopped). Cook for 1 or 2 minutes. Drain the veggies and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the wok and add the garlic, chili pepper and parsley (finely chopped). Cook over high heat for 1 or 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetables, the rice and the tamari. Cook for about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add some sesame seeds for garnish (optional).
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!