I love tortilla chips! But most of the tortilla chips you can buy in the supermarket are full of trans fats, color additives and other chemical ingredients. I don’t like this, so once I made tortillas at home, I thought I had to try to make tortilla chips.
The recipe can’t be easier, you cut the tortillas, bake them just 5 minutes and add your favorite spices! We added a little of olive oil before baking, but you can skip this step.
The result is amazing, a really CRUNCHY tortilla chips with a slightly spicy flavor because of the cayenne pepper. You can use almost any spice you have at home.
This recipe is ideal if you are a lactose intolerant or a celiac, because the tortillas are made of corn flour and the recipe doesn’t include dairy products. Since a couple weeks ago, I try to avoid dairy products because I don’t feel well after eating them and many packed tortilla chips contain cheese, but with this recipe I won’t have that problem anymore.
We’ve also prepared our own vegan nacho cheese dip that tastes awesome. It has the same texture and a very similar flavor, you won’t believe it’s not real cheese! The ingredients are so simple and healthy, but be careful, it’s really addictive!
Baked tortilla chips
These baked tortilla chips are really easy to make. You only have to cut the tortillas, bake them just 5 minutes and add your favorite spices.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Snack, Appetizer
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free, Mexican
- 4 tortillas
- Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic power
- 1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 cayenne pepper
- Cut tortillas, paint them with a little of olive oil, or any other vegetable oil you have at home (optional) and put them on a baking tray with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven and bake tortillas for 5 minutes at 390ºF or 200ºC in the middle rack of your oven. Take them out of the oven and let them cool, so they can get crunchy.
- Put all spices in a food processor and blend to combine.
- Mix the spices with tortilla chips (you can spread the spices with your fingers on the chips) and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 112
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 22.8 mg
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.7 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 3.5 g