Delicious watermelon slushie made with just 4 ingredients: fresh watermelon, lime juice, mint leaves and dates. It’s a super refreshing and healthy drink.
I love summer so much and I would be so happy living in the tropics, but when it’s really hot, I really need something cold to beat the heat. Water is the best choice, however, I crave something more fancy sometimes and I’ve been obsessed with this watermelon slushie lately.
It’s made with just 4 ingredients, so delicious, refreshing and also super healthy as is naturally sweetened with dates. I prefer to freeze the mixture instead of using ice cubes because it tastes better and has a higher fruit content.
If you’re in a hurry, you can always add some ice cubes to your blender, blend and enjoy the slushie right away, but I invite you to try my recipe because is out of this world and loaded with nutrients.
The watermelon, lime and mint combo is amazing, and I have to admit I’m not a huge fan of mint. Lemon juice is also a good choice and you could also omit the dates or add any other sweetener you have on hand.
looking for more drink recipes?
- Watermelon mint lemonade
- How to make aguas frescas
- Vegan Mexican horchata
- Vegan mango lassi
- Piña colada green smoothie
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 2 pounds fresh watermelon (1 kg), cubed
- The juice of 2 limes
- 2 Medjool dates
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow tray and freeze for about 2 to 3 hours uncovered. Stir every hour until it gets a slushie consistency. Time may vary depending on your freezer or the tray you’re using. The thinner the tray, the quicker it will freeze into a slushie consistency.
- Serve immediately or keep it in a sealed container in the fridge for 5 to 7 days. Let come back to slushie consistency at room temperature before serving.
- Seedless watermelon works best for this recipe, but feel free to use any kind of watermelon and strain the mixture before freezing it.
- Lemon juice can be used instead of lime juice.
- Dates are optional and any other sweetener is okay.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 53
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 0.9 g