Vegan stuffed peppers, simple, tasty, and made with only 9 ingredients. They're gluten-free, healthy, and absolutely delicious.
I'm absolutely in LOVE with these vegan stuffed peppers! They are so beautifully colorful, as well as delicious, nutritious, and super easy to prepare. This recipe contains simple and affordable ingredients and it makes the perfect side dish or appetizer.
Besides, you can customize it with your favorite toppings, spices, or herbs. I usually make it at least once a week, because these peppers are extremely easy to prepare, versatile, and healthy. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Vegan stuffed peppers recipe - Short video
How to make vegan stuffed peppers - Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF or 180ºC.
- Place the peppers onto a lined baking sheet (photo 1) and bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well combined (photo 2).
- Stuff halved peppers with the mixture (photo 3) and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Top with optional vegan shredded cheese (photo 4) and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve the vegan stuffed peppers with your favorite toppings.
Ingredients and tips
- Bell peppers: any type of bell pepper is okay. Keep in mind that you may need more or fewer of them depending on their size.
- Cooked rice: I used white rice, but any type of rice will work. You could even use other grains like quinoa or millet.
- Canned or cooked kidney beans: any type of canned or cooked legumes will do.
- Salsa: store-bought salsa is a good choice, but homemade salsa is amazing and so inexpensive and easy to make!
- Corn kernels: you can use canned, fresh, or frozen corn kernels, but if you use them frozen, keep in mind that you'll probably need to cook them first.
- Nutritional yeast: it gives this recipe a cheesy flavor, so it’s an important ingredient. If you can’t find it, you could also use brewer’s yeast or even beer instead of water. However, nutritional yeast is the best choice.
- Ground cumin: feel free to add your favorite spices.
- Salt: I used iodized salt, but any other type of salt will do.
- Ground black pepper: fresh ground black pepper tastes amazing. However, I find the store-bought one to be more convenient and also easier to measure with a teaspoon.
- Vegan shredded cheese: this ingredient is completely optional, but it really makes a difference. You could also add other toppings, such as more nutritional yeast, avocado, chopped fresh veggies, chopped fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro, or whatever you have on hand!
- If you want your vegan stuffed peppers to be a part of your main dish, you can serve them with some vegan protein like tempeh or seitan. On the other hand, you can also chop some tempeh bacon or vegan bacon and add it to the filling.
Looking for more side dish recipes?
Did you make this vegan stuffed peppers recipe?
Vegan Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF or 180ºC.
- Place the peppers onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Stuff halved peppers with the mixture and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Top with optional vegan shredded cheese and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes. Cooking time may vary depending on your oven. If you don’t want to add cheese, just bake the stuffed peppers for a total of 20 to 25 minutes.
- Keep them in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- You may need more or fewer bell peppers depending on their size.
- Feel free to use other grains, legumes, spices, or herbs.
- If you don’t want to use salsa, add some tomato sauce or chopped tomatoes and also some cayenne powder instead.
- If you’re using frozen corn kernels you should cook them first.
- Nutritional info has been calculated without the vegan shredded cheese.