Yogurt has always been my favorite dessert. Until I went vegan, I ate two yogurts every single day, one after my lunch and another one after my dinner. I don't eat yogurt as a dessert anymore because I only eat desserts once in a while because they are harder to digest after a big meal, so I prefer to eat sweet things at breakfast or as a snack.
When people want to go vegan, it's hard to give up dairy products because they're addictive, but fortunately there are so many non-dairy products available now and also so many recipes we can make at home.
We posted a soy yogurt recipe, which is made like regular yogurt and a coconut yogurt recipe, which is so quick and easy, but some of you don't consume soy and fresh coconuts are not easy to find in some places like Spain, besides, they're not always affordable, so we've made this new recipe using cashews instead. Hope you enjoy it!
- We haven't made this recipe using other nuts, so we don't know if it would work. If you try other nuts, please leave a comment.
- If you don't add the probiotic supplements, your yogurt won't taste the same and it won't be so good for your gut either.
I buy my probiotic supplements from iHerb and they’re vegan. I love iHerb because I can buy some products it’s hard to find here in Spain and they are also so affordable. If you’re going to buy for the first time, you can use my coupon code: JWT081 and save 5 or 10$ on your first order and also they’ll give a little discount on my next order.
Simple Vegan Cashew Yogurt
Making non-dairy yogurt at home is so easy, besides, it's healthier and tastes so good! We used unsalted raw cashews to make this delicious vegan yogurt.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 2 ⅔ cups unsalted raw cashews (400 g)
- 1 ½ cup water (375 ml)
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 probiotic supplements
- Soak the cashews overnight.
- Drain them and place them in a blender with the rest of the ingredients (except the probiotic supplements) and blend until smooth.
- Place the yogurt in a bowl, add the 3 probiotic supplements (we need the probiotic powder, so empty the capsules). Mix well.
- Cover with a cheesecloth and let it sit in a dark, cool room for at least 12 hours. Then you can enjoy the yogurt or keeping it in the fridge until it's cold.
- Serving Size: ⅛ of the recipe
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 66.9 mg
- Fat: 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.1 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 8.3 g
Keywords: vegan cashew yogurt, cashew yogurt, vegan yogurt
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!