We make Asian food all the time because we love the taste and how simple it usually is. This quinoa stir fry with vegetables is not an exception, it's so delicious, simple and good for your body because is really nutritious.
If you love Asian-style recipes as much as we do, you should give our brown rice stir fry with vegetables and also our vegan noodle stir fry a try. We've shared other stir fry recipes (like these vegan stir-fried Udon noodles or this amazing tofu stir fry with rice and veggies) because we make them very often on a daily basis.
To make a stir fry at home is really easy, you just need to cook the veggies (steam, boil or sautée them), cook the main ingredient (quinoa, rice, chickpeas, tofu, whatever you want) and sautée both with your favorite sauce and the spices or ingredients you prefer. I usually boil or steam the veggies first and then I sautée them, that way I need to use less oil and the vegetables are so tasty and crunchy.
If you want to save some time on a daily basis, cook big batches of quinoa, rice or dried legumes and you'll be able to make healthy meals in just a few minutes. This recipe is perfect for this or to use up leftover quinoa.
- Feel free to make this stir fry with any other starch (legumes, rice, buckwheat).
- Use the oil, sweetener, veggies, spices or ingredients you like, this recipe always works.
Quinoa Stir Fry with Vegetables
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- ½ julienned onion
- ½ julienned red bell pepper
- 1 cup julienned red cabbage
- 1 julienned carrot
- ½ head of broccoli, chopped, discard the stem
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sliced cloves of garlic
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cane or coconut sugar
- Sesame seeds
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Read this post if you want to learn how to cook quinoa properly.
- Boil or steam the veggies for about 2 minutes. You want crunchy vegetables. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a frying pan and cook the garlic over medium-high heat for about a couple of minutes.
- Add the cayenne powder and the veggies and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the quinoa and the rest of the ingredients (except the sesame seeds) and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Serve with some sesame seeds on top.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for about 5 days.
Serene Lee says
This is yummy and I made them for lunch last week and my colleague like it too.
Patti Borus says
I loved this and thought it simple to make; I added some chopped bok choy, a bit of baby corn and bean sprouts, along with leftover cooked broccoli. At the end, I made a well in the pan to uncover the bottom and cracked in a fresh egg (no, I am not vegan). I cooked it 2-3 minutes longer and once it was scrambled, I stirred it in to the veggies and quinoa. I will definitely make this again!
Iosune Robles says
Hi Patti! So glad you liked our quinoa stir fry with vegetables 🙂 Have a nice day!
Charles Goldman says
I found it a bit bland, so had to add some vegetable stock and salt and pepper. Also the quantities would no way satisfy 4 appetites in my home, barely enought for 2 adults.
Hi Charles! I think it's really tasty and perfect for 4 people, but feel free to add any ingredient you like or eat more 🙂
I made this tonight. It was super easy and tasty. I added some mushrooms. I think I won't add cinnamon next time. But i will definitely be making again with my own twist. Thank you.
Hi Delia! I'm so glad you enjoyed it 😀 Have a nice day!
OMG! It was ground ginger, not cinnamon, I'm so sorry!
nice blog very helpful
Hi Vibin! Thank you so much. Have a nice day!