I make this brown rice stir-fry with vegetables every week. This recipe is life-changing and so simple. Add your favorite veggies or what's in season.
I'm always trying new recipes because I'm a food blogger, but there are some dishes I'm always making because they taste amazing, are easy to make and good for my health, like this brown rice stir-fry with vegetables. I make this dish every single week, seriously, I can't believe I haven't shared the recipe with you yet!
Being vegan is great, but sometimes it can be difficult to find healthy vegan dishes when you eat at restaurants. There is an Asian place in my city that I love because it's full of healthy food. You just have to choose your favorite ingredients and a sauce and they make you a wonderful meal.
One day I realized I could make the stir-fry I always order at home and here is the recipe! Although they only have white rice, I prefer brown rice because is more nutritious and tastes AMAZING. Use your favorite veggies or what's in season, I use different vegetables every time, but I (almost) always add broccoli.
This stir-fry is life-changing, I'm sure you're going to love it!
If you like this brown rice stir-fry with vegetables, check out these recipes: simple vegan fried rice, vegan stir fried Udon noodles, vegan fried rice, chickpea and vegetable stir fry and tofu stir fry with rice and veggies.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
Brown Rice Stir-Fry with Vegetables
- ½ cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- ½ head of broccoli, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ zucchini, chopped
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- Sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- Cook the brown rice according to package directions.
- Place some water in a wok or frying pan and bring it to a boil. Then add the veggies (they must be covered by the water) and cook for 1 to 2 minutes over high-heat. Drain the veggies and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the wok and add the garlic, cayenne powder and parsley. Cook over high-heat for about 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetables, rice and tamari. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add some sesame seeds for garnish (optional).
- Store the brown rice stir-fry in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Feel free to use other grains, veggies, spices or any other non-refined oil.
- To make an oil-free recipe, just cook the garlic, cayenne powder and parsley in some water or oil-free broth. You could also omit step number 3, use some garlic powder and cook it with the cayenne powder, parsley, veggies and rice for a few minutes.
- If you don't like spicy food, omit the cayenne powder or add less.