One of the best things about being a food blogger is that I’m always trying new dishes and recipes. I also follow many American bloggers and youtubers, so I’ve discovered amazing dishes that are not very common in my country, like apple cider. Oh my god, it’s so good!
I made some changes, so excuse me if it’s not like the traditional recipe, but tasted great. I think it’s my favorite fall drink and is perfect for rainy and cold days, especially if you stay at home watching movies with your family or your friends or reading a good book.
Although it’s really easy to make, it’s not a quick recipe, so I don’t make apple cider very often. If you want to enjoy this delicious beverage more often, you can make a big batch of apple cider and them freeze what you won’t use within a few days to have on hand a comforting healthy drink.
- I used red, yellow and green apples, but you can use any type of apples you want.
- Maple syrup is my favorite sweetener, but feel free to use another one instead like coconut sugar, molasses, agave syrup, cane sugar, stevia, etc.
- Ground cinnamon can be used instead of the cinnamon sticks and there are other spices you can add like cloves.
Homemade Apple Cider
Homemade apple cider is my favorite fall drink. It’s perfect for rainy and cold days, especially if you stay at home watching movies or reading a book.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 8-12
- 2 green apples
- 2 red apples
- 2 yellow apples
- 1 orange
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup maple syrup (160 g)
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 12 cups water (3 liters)
- Wash the apples and the orange and cut them into quarters.
- Place all the ingredients in a large pot and when bring water to a boil. Then reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 1 or 2 hours. The longer it simmers, the more the flavors will meld together.
- Strain out the apple cider juice into a clean pot.
- Serve hot.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!