Avocado smoothie, a delicious, creamy and healthy breakfast or snack recipe. It’s ready in less than 5 minutes and requires just 4 or 5 ingredients.
I have a thing with smoothies. When I went vegan, I made them all the time, so you’ll find lots of smoothie recipes on the blog and we also have an ebook called Simple Vegan Smoothies.
Avocado in a smoothie? That’s what I thought the first time I saw an avocado smoothie on the menu of a local cafeteria, here in Seville. I tried it and I fell in love.
I had only used avocado to make savory recipes, but this delicious ingredient can be used to make all kinds of things, like smoothies and also desserts.
This is the simplest recipe ever. It only requires 4 ingredients: avocado, banana, milk of your choice and any leafy green you have on hand. Spinach is my favorite, as it has a neutral flavor, so it’s perfect if you’re new making smoothies.
I think this smoothie is so tasty with no sweetener, but if you add 1 or 2 dates, it will taste even better. However, you can use any other sweetener you have on hand.
There are so many ingredients you can add to make your avocado smoothie even more nutritious, like other fruits (berries are a good choice), vegan protein powder, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, cocoa powder, superfoods, and the list goes on and on!
what ingredients do you need to make avocado smoothie?
- Banana – If you add your banana frozen, the smoothie will be creamier. I prefer to use a regular banana, as I don’t like my smoothie so cold.
- Spinach – I added fresh spinach, but frozen is okay as well. Any other leafy greens are a good choice (fresh or frozen).
- Milk – I used homemade almond milk, but feel free to add any other milk of your choice. I prefer to use unsweetened milk and add 1 or 2 dates or any other sweetener if needed, but it’s up to you.
- Medjool dates – If you can’t find Medjool dates, you can also use Deglet Nour date or any other type, but keep in mind you’ll need to add 2 to 4 dates instead. Any other sweetener will do.
tips for making avocado smoothie
- If you want your smoothie really cold, use a frozen banana and also add some ice cubes if needed.
- Feel free to use other liquid instead of milk, like coconut water, regular water or even juice.
- Add any fruits you want, or even other ingredients like superfoods, ground cinnamon, cocoa powder, vegan protein powder, ground ginger, nuts, seeds, etc.
looking for more smoothie recipes?
- Piña Colada Green Smoothie
- Post Workout Smoothie
- Vegan Protein Smoothie
- Banana Blueberry Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
did you make this avocado smoothie recipe?
Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
If you like this avocado smoothie, take a look at our ebook Simple Vegan Smoothies. You’ll find 31 inexpensive and simple recipes and a guide to learn how to make your own smoothie recipes!
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup spinach (30 g)
- 1 cup milk of your choice (250 ml), I used unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 Medjool dates (optional), pitted
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Best when fresh, you can keep the smoothie in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 to 2 days.
- Nutritional info has been calculated without the dates.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 178
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 105 mg
- Fat: 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.3 g
- Fiber: 5.7 g
- Protein: 2.5 g