I have to admit I’m a Chinese food addict, I really love it! There are two recipes I prepare every week, this super easy vegan fried rice and these vegan stir fried Udon noodles.
This recipe is ready in only 15 minutes, it’s light, healthy, delectable and you’re gonna love it, I promise! Udon noodles are made with wheat flour and salt and tamari (or soy sauce) is very salty, so you don’t need to add any salt.
You can use your favorite veggies, I usually add the vegetables I have in my fridge. I use ground ginger because it lasts longer than the fresh variety, but if you prefer, you can use fresh ginger too, although you need to keep in mind fresh ginger tends to deliver a more intense flavor, so you need to add less.
If you are a celiac or you are following a gluten-free diet, you can use corn pasta or any other gluten-free alternative. If you’re a vegan be careful because many noodles are made with egg.
I cook Asian dishes in a wok, I bought it at Ikea, it’s cheap and works very well, so if you love this kind of recipes, I recommend you to buy one. If you don’t have a wok, you can use a skillet too, your noodles will be delicious too.
This recipe is perfect for summer because you only need 15 minutes to prepare it and you don’t need to use the oven. It’s a great alternative to junk or pre-packaged food, because it’s a super quick recipe and it’s much healthier.
If you prefer a fat-free version, you can remove the oil and cook the veggies with water and tamari or soy sauce. I always cook with extra virgin olive oil and avoid refined oils, they are not healthy at all and it’s fairly resistant to the heat, although I prefer to use the least amount of oil on my dishes.
If you love simple, easy, healthy, delicious, Asian recipes, you should try these vegan stir fried Udon noodles, they won’t disappoint you!
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup julienned onion (100 g)
- 1 cup julienned red pepper (100 g)
- 1 cup julienned green pepper (100 g)
- 1 cup julienned carrot (100 g)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 4 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- ¼ cup water (65 ml)
- 10.6 ounces Udon noodles (300 g)
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the veggies, the ground ginger, 2 tablespoons of tamari or soy sauce and the water. Cook for 5 minutes over high heat or until veggies are ready. You can add more water or tamari if you want.
- Cook Udon noodles according to package directions. I boiled them for 5 minutes. Drain the noodles.
- Add the noodles and 2 tablespoons of tamari or soy sauce. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes more.