To roast vegetables without oil is possible and they taste amazing! I used balsamic vinegar, but soy sauce, tamari and lemon or lime juice also work. If you’re on a diet or just trying to avoid oils, these oil free rainbow roasted vegetables are for you.
I try to eat as many different fruits and veggies as I can, I adore them and they nourish my body. I love these colorful rainbow veggies, they’re full of antioxidants and nutrients, but there’s no need to use so many vegetables, it’s totally up to you.
When I tried this recipe for the first time, I couldn’t believe it was oil-free, the veggies were so juicy and I only added the balsamic vinegar and dried thyme, but please feel free to add your favorite herbs and spices!
This recipe is ridiculously easy to make, you just have to place the chopped vegetables onto a baking sheet, add dried thyme and balsamic vinegar to taste and bake for about 25 minutes or until they’re cooked.
It’s the perfect side dish! I love to eat these veggies with brown rice and some tamari or soy sauce, but they’re also delicious with pasta or quinoa. If you make these oil free rainbow roasted vegetables, don’t forget to leave a comment or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram (or any other social network).
- 1⅔ cup chopped red bell peppers (250 g)
- 2 cups chopped carrots (250 g)
- 1⅓ cup chopped yellow bell peppers (200 g)
- 1⅔ cup chopped zucchini (250 g)
- 1 cup broccoli florets (100 g)
- 1 cup chopped red onions (200 g)
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- Balsamic vinegar to taste
- Preheat the oven to 390 ºF or 200 ºC.
- Place the chopped vegetables onto a baking sheet, add the thyme and balsamic vinegar to taste.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.