I try to eat legumes at least 3 times a week and chickpeas are my favorite one. Although I could live on hummus or falafel, I’m always trying new recipes and one day I tried to use them instead of the rice or noodles I usually used to make my stir-fry recipes and this amazing dish came to life!
I use different veggies every time I make it, depending on the season, what I’ve got on hand or what I’m craving (love my vegan food so much!). As I always say, don’t be afraid to change our recipes, especially the savory ones, they work most of the times. ?
Are you joining the 7-Day Smoothie Challenge? We’ve got 7 delicious smoothie recipes just for you! The challenge ends next Sunday, so hurry up!
- Feel free to use rice, pasta or any other cereal or legume instead the chickpeas.
- You can also use other sauces like tamari or soy sauce, sweet and sour sauce, or any other you’ve got on hand.
- ½ red onion, julienned
- ½ red bell pepper, julienned
- 8 Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained (400 g)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp coconut or cane sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Sriracha sauce to taste
- Pour some boiling water into a wok and cook the veggies over high heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Drain them and set aside.
- Place all the ingredients of the sauce in the wok and cook them over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Add the veggies and the chickpeas and cook over medium-high heat for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with some sesame seeds on top.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!