Stuffed mushrooms are the perfect appetizer for Christmas and this no-bake recipe is super simple and full of flavor. It’s a typical Spanish recipe, although I also added some red onion to make them more colorful and tasty.
Just in case you didn’t notice, we don’t usually make recipes using mushrooms because I don’t feel well when I eat them, it’s not as bad as an allergic reaction, but my body doesn’t like them, I don’t know why. ?
We have many special meals during the holidays here in Spain: Nochebuena (Christmas Eve dinner) on December 24, a lunch the next day, another dinner on December 31 (Nochevieja), another lunch the first day of the year and finally another lunch on January 6 because of the Three Wise Men leave presents under the Christmas tree like Santa Claus does in other countries. It’s a lot of food!!! But since I became vegan, I try to eat simple meals that nourish my body and taste great. ?
- Feel free to add other veggies, herbs or spices.
- Bake them if you prefer to use less oil. For an oil-free recipe, you can use more lemon juice instead of the oil or any other sauce you like.
- There are so many recipes you can make with the stems. Sauté them in some olive oil with some garlic and you have a delicious side dish, add them to a tofu scramble or use them as a pie filling, you choose!
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 12 mushrooms
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan over medium high heat and add the mushrooms.
- Cook the mushrooms for the side you’re going to add the stuffing for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip them and cook for about 2 minutes more. You can add some sea salt and black pepper to taste, I didn’t do it, but it’s up to you.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl or a jar and stuff each one with a generous amount of filling using a spoon. Cook for 2 minutes more and they’re ready to eat.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 1.3g
- Sodium: 121mg
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 2.9g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 1.8g
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!