I love tortilla chips! But most of the tortilla chips you can buy in the supermarket are full of trans fats, color additives and other chemical ingredients. I don’t like this, so once I made tortillas at home, I thought I had to try to make tortilla chips.
The recipe can’t be easier, you cut the tortillas, bake them just 5 minutes and add your favorite spices! We added a little of olive oil before baking, but you can skip this step.
The result is amazing, a really CRUNCHY tortilla chips with a slightly spicy flavor because of the cayenne pepper. You can use almost any spice you have at home.
This recipe is ideal if you are a lactose intolerant or a celiac, because the tortillas are made of corn flour and the recipe doesn’t include dairy products. Since a couple weeks ago, I try to avoid dairy products because I don’t feel well after eating them and many packed tortilla chips contain cheese, but with this recipe I won’t have that problem anymore.
We’ve also prepared our own vegan nacho cheese dip that tastes awesome. It has the same texture and a very similar flavor, you won’t believe it’s not real cheese! The ingredients are so simple and healthy, but be careful, it’s really addictive!
- 4 tortillas
- Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic power
- 1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 cayenne pepper
- Cut tortillas, paint them with a little of olive oil, or any other vegetable oil you have at home (optional) and put them on a baking tray with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven and bake tortillas for 5 minutes at 390ºF or 200ºC in the middle rack of your oven. Take them out of the oven and let them cool, so they can get crunchy.
- Put all spices in a food processor and blend to combine.
- Mix the spices with tortilla chips (you can spread the spices with your fingers on the chips) and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 112
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 22.8 mg
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.7 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 3.5 g