Sugar scrub, homemade and ready with just 2 simple ingredients. An easy and affordable way to prepare your natural beauty products at home!
Who doesn’t want to use toxic-free beauty products? I sure do! Whenever I have the time, I love to explore new ways of safely making new ones. The last one was this sugar scrub and I still can’t believe how easy it is!
With 2 simple and affordable ingredients, you’ll get a wonderful DIY sugar scrub that will keep your skin soft and smooth. It’ll last for up to 1 month!
How to make sugar scrub
- Add the sugar to a container, then incorporate the oil, and finally stir until well combined.
What is sugar scrub used for
There are plenty of ways to use it. However, in this post, we’re going to talk about the most popular ones: body sugar scrub and lip sugar scrub.
This homemade sugar scrub is perfect for these 2 options: it is gentle enough to be used on your lips but strong enough to become a perfect natural body scrub.
I love to use it at night all over my body while I shower and it works wonders to prepare your skin for moisturizing! Especially in winter, our skin needs extra care because it tends to dry quite a lot.
However, I do not recommend you use it on your face, since facial skin needs specific products and is more delicate than the rest of the body.
I suggest you start 1 or 2 times a week and then go up to 3 times a week (at most!). Don’t use it as part of your daily routine.
Important note: to see results, especially when it comes to your body, you’ll need to use it consistently.
How to use
Using it is the easiest thing ever. To do it, just follow these simple steps:
- Get in the shower or wet your body.
- Grab a little bit of your scrub and gently rub it onto your skin (as if you were using shower gel). Focus on your arms and legs.
- Then rinse well with water and proceed to shower as usual.
- After that, your skin will be ready to absorb better the products that you put on it, so I suggest you moisturize it well for optimal results.
- Get ready to enjoy your new soft, glowy, and healthy skin.
As you can see, learning how to use sugar scrub couldn’t be easier!
How to store
This homemade scrub is very easy to store. As it’ll probably be a part of your beauty routine, I suggest you keep it in an airtight small mason jar or just a regular jar (as long as it’s sealed) in a cabinet in your bathroom.
It should be used for up to 1 month.
Best oils for homemade sugar scrub
This scrub can be made with plenty of different oils. Although I used extra virgin coconut oil, you could also use olive oil, jojoba oil, hemp seed oil, or sesame oil, depending on what you want to achieve with your homemade scrub.
On the other hand, you could also incorporate some essential oils such as lavender or peppermint to level up your beauty routine. Relax or energize yourself with wonderful natural scents!
Whether you decide to use essential oils or not, don’t eat your sugar scrub. Research which oils or essential oils you can use if you’re pregnant.
Did you make this DIY sugar scrub?Print
- ¾ cup sugar of choice (150 g), I used brown sugar
- ¼ cup oil of choice (60 ml), I used extra virgin coconut oil
- Add the sugar to a container, then add the oil, and finally stir until well combined.
- You’re looking for a sandy consistency, otherwise, if the scrub is too soupy, the sugar will dissolve in 1-2 days.
- This homemade sugar scrub is very easy to store. As it’ll probably be a part of your beauty routine, I suggest you keep it in an airtight small mason jar or just a regular jar (as long as it’s sealed) in a cabinet in your bathroom. It’ll last for up to 1 month.
- Whether you incorporate essential oils or not, don’t eat your DIY sugar scrub. Research which oils or essential oils you can use if you’re pregnant.
- Do not use it every day but up to 3 times a week at most.
- Feel free to use any type of sugar.