I’m sad because I love the sun and the warm weather and the summer is almost gone. However, I’ll make so many delicious soups and stews during the fall, yay!
It’s important to include legumes in your diet, we eat them at least 3 times every single week and when it’s hot outside, we make hummus, other dips or salads all the time, like this amazing lentil salad, which is so delicious, you won’t believe is so easy to make. It’s a Mediterranean-style salad made with ingredients we use a lot in the south of Europe.
- Use tahini or any other healthy fat instead of the oil if you prefer an oil-free salad. You can make it fat-free using more lemon juice, tamari, soy sauce, etc.
- Feel free to add your favorite veggies and ingredients.
- 1 14-ounce can lentils of your choice, rinsed and drained (400 g)
- ¼ cup red onion (35 g)
- ¼ cup red bell pepper (35 g)
- ¼ cup green bell pepper (35 g)
- ¼ cup carrots (40 g)
- ¼ cup cucumber (40 g)
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 handfuls fresh parsley (40 g)
- The juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Place the lentils in a bowl.
- Add the veggies (finely chopped) and the rest of the ingredients (lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper).
- Mix well and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 8.2g
- Sodium: 491mg
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrates: 30.6g
- Fiber: 11.1g
- Protein: 11.3g
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!