This soup is perfect to boost your immune system and is also great if you’re already sick. It will make you feel better because is so delicious, warm and cozy. In addition, the ingredients are awesome and have amazing health properties.
If you don’t like spicy food, omit the cayenne powder, although is so helpful if you want to remove mucus or you can’t breath properly.
Anyways, the best way to be healthy is following a balanced diet all year long, although there are some magic foods that can help us, like this miraculous green soup!Print
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 chopped leek
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (60 g)
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger (about 2 cm)
- 1/2 head of broccoli, chopped. Discard the stem (180 g)
- 3 handfuls of fresh kale or spinach (60 g)
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk (400 ml)
- 3 cups water or vegetable broth (750 ml)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- The juice of half a lemon
- Place all the ingredients in a pot, except the nutritional yeast and the lemon juice.
- Bring the soup to a boil and then cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender, add the yeast and the juice and blend until smooth.
- Serve the soup in a bowl and add your favorite ingredients on top. We added pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and almond flakes. We usually eat this soup with pasta, we cook it according to package directions, serve the pasta in a bowl and pour the soup into the same bowl.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 4.1g
- Sodium: 272mg
- Fat: 12.5g
- Saturated Fat: 10.5g
- Carbohydrates: 10.9g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Protein: 6.3g
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!