A Buddha Bowl is a bowl which is packed so full that it has a rounded "belly" appearance on the top much like the belly of a Buddha. It's usually made with simple pure food and enjoyed with deep gratitude, according to Mind Body Green, one of my favorite health blogs.
I've always loved potatoes, since I was a child. There are so many ways to cook potatoes and I like all of them, but I prefer baked or steamed potatoes because they're healthier.
Sweet potatoes are not as common here in Spains as in other countries, so I tried them a few years ago and I fell in love with them. Some people think they're healthier than white potatoes, but I eat both every single week.
This Buddha Bowl is a super nutritious and satisfying meal and is perfect if you wanna be healthy or lose weight. I don't count calories, I just nourish my body with delicious healthy foods. Low-calorie diets are only a temporary solution, if you live a healthy lifestyle, you'll be healthy!
- Learn how to cook quinoa reading this post.
- Feel free to use white potatoes instead of sweet potatoes. If you don't have an oven or you don't want to use it, steam the potatoes.
- To make the dressing, I used raw tahini, but roasted tahini also works, although it will be darker.
- There are so many ingredients you can use to make a Buddha bowl: brown rice, all types of legumes, raw veggies, etc.
- Use your favorite natural sweetener instead of the maple syrup.
- ½ chopped sweet potato
- 10 green asparagus
- 4 cups spinach
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup cooked red beans
- 1 chopped avocado
- 1 chopped tomato
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 390ºF or 200ºC.
- Bake the chopped sweet potatoes and the green asparagus for 30 or 40 minutes or until they're soft.
- To make the dressing you just need to blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Place the spinach in a bowl (you can chop them) and add the rest of the ingredients on top: the cooked quinoa, cooked or canned red beans, sweet potato, asparagus, avocado and tomato.
- Pour the dressing on top of the quinoa bowl and gently toss to combine.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram (or any other social network).