- 3 cups white wine (750 ml)
- 1/2 cup orange juice (125 ml)
- 2 tbsp Cointreau or brandy (optional)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar (90 g), I used brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 cup strawberries (150 g), chopped
- Put the white wine, orange juice, Cointreau, lemon juice, and sugar in a pitcher and mix until well combined.
- Incorporate the cinnamon sticks and the fruit and stir again.
- It’s best to let it marinate for at least 30 minutes before serving, but you can serve immediately as well.
- Drink it during a dinner with friends and accompany it with baked zucchini fries, Spanish patatas bravas, pasta salad, or portobello steaks. White sangria goes with plenty of different dishes!
- You should keep all the ingredients (specially the liquid ones) in the fridge so they’re cold before making the sangria.
- Feel free to water it down by adding some sparkling water or more juice.
- It would be best to use seasonal fruit, although you can also use the fruits you have on hand.
- Cointreau is optional, so feel free to use rum, whiskey, or vodka instead.
- Sugar can be replaced by any other sweetener.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 146
- Sugar: 14.2 g
- Sodium: 8 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.7 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 0.6 g