White hot chocolate, made in about 10 minutes with just 3 ingredients: white chocolate, milk and vanilla extract. It’s so delicious, creamy and comforting.
white hot chocolate
Chocolate lovers, you NEED to give this recipe a try! It’s and AMAZING drink, so creamy, sweet, comforting and extremely delicious. It’s just white chocolate in a cup.
I had so much hot chocolate growing up, so it reminds me my childhood and also my family. My mother and my grandmother used to make it all the time, espeacially in fall and winter and for especial occasions as well.
I still have it sometimes (a vegan version, of course). However, I’d never tried a white hot chocolate before. It’s sweeter than the classic recipe, as white chocolate is really sweet, but it’s also super tasty. If you like white chocolate, you’re going to love this beverage.
In addition, you only need 2 or 3 ingredients to make it: white chocolate, milk and vanilla extract. That’s all! The vanilla extract is optional, it will make your white hot chocolate taste even better though.
As I’m a vegan, I used a vegan white chocolate bar I bought at my local health store and also unsweetened soy milk because I like it so much, but any kind of milk will do.
The hot chocolate is made in about 10 minutes and although it’s not a recipe to enjoy every single day, I’m sure I’m going to make it from time to time because it’s so flavorful and out of this world.
Today it’s Christmas Eve, so I wanted to share a sweet recipe with you guys and hot chocolate is the perfect sweet drink for the holidays.
We also want to wish you a Merry Christmas, with lots of food and love. Have a wonderful time with your loved ones!
white hot chocolate ingredients
- White chocolate or chocolate chips – I used a vegan white chocolate bar. I bought it at my local health store (the brand was Sweet William, but I live in Spain).
- Milk – I used unsweetened soy milk. Feel free to use any other unsweetened plant milk you want.
- Vanilla extract – This ingredient is optional. However, if you have some vanilla extract on hand, please use it because it will make your white hot chocolate taste even better.
tips to make white hot chocolate
- Try to make your own vanilla extract at home. It’s more affordable, so easy to make and tastes amazing.
- As the white chocolate is already sweetened with sugar, I didn’t add any sweetener. However, you should try it before serving and add some sweetener of your choice if needed.
- Feel free to add any spices you want, like ground cinnamon or nutmeg, or other ingredients like a pinch of salt or maca powder.
looking for more drink recipes?
did you make this white hot chocolate recipe?
Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan and cook over medium-heat until the white chocolate is melted and combined. Stir occasionally.
- Serve immediately (I added some chopped white chocolate and coconut whipped cream on top) or keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 177
- Sugar: 13.9 g
- Sodium: 16 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.5 g
- Fiber: 2.9 g
- Protein: 5.3 g