- 2 pounds fresh watermelon (1 kg), cubed
- The juice of 2 limes
- 2 Medjool dates
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow tray and freeze for about 2 to 3 hours uncovered. Stir every hour until it gets a slushie consistency. Time may vary depending on your freezer or the tray you’re using. The thinner the tray, the quicker it will freeze into a slushie consistency.
- Serve immediately or keep it in a sealed container in the fridge for 5 to 7 days. Let come back to slushie consistency at room temperature before serving.
- Seedless watermelon works best for this recipe, but feel free to use any kind of watermelon and strain the mixture before freezing it.
- Lemon juice can be used instead of lime juice.
- Dates are optional and any other sweetener is okay.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 53
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 0.9 g