- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 mushrooms
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 6 cups water (1.5 liters)
- 1/2-1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (optional)
- Peel and chop the veggies and add them to a large pot with the rest of the ingredients (water, salt and pepper).
- Bring to a boil and then simmer covered as long as you want (at least 30 minutes). We cooked our stock for 2 hours.
- Strain, discard the veggies and the bay leaves and let it cool down.
- Keep the vegetable stock in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for 3 months.
- Feel free to use any veggies, herbs or spices.
- Add more or less salt depending on the amount of sodium you want in your stock.
- The stock can also be made with kitchen scraps, it will be even cheaper.