- 2 zucchini
- 2/3 cup unsweetened raw cashews (100 g)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant milk of your choice (125 ml), we used almond milk
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp tahini (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Make the zucchini noodles using a peeler or the Spiralizer.
- I prefer to soak the cashews overnight or at least for 4 hours to get a creamy sauce with a smooth texture, but it’s optional.
- To make the vegan Alfredo sauce just blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Mix the zucchini pasta and the Alfredo sauce in a mixing bowl until well combined. Then add some chopped fresh parsley on top (optional) and serve immediately.
- This pasta is better fresh. Mix the sauce and the zucchini noodles just before serving.
- The vegan Alfredo sauce can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 4 days.
- Feel free to use other veggies instead of the zucchini, garlic powder instead of fresh garlic, add other spices or herbs or any other ingredient you like.
- We’ve only eaten this dish raw, so we don’t know if you can cook it.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 274
- Sugar: 5.2 g
- Sodium: 279.2 mg
- Fat: 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.3 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 12.9 g