We’ve developed this vegan zucchini Alfredo recipe, which is inspired in two of our most popular dishes. It’s super creamy and tastes like heaven.
I was thinking about what new recipes could we make for you guys and I realized it could be a good idea to make a new version of some of our most popular recipes.
Our vegan pasta Alfredo and our zucchini noodles with avocado sauce are two of the recipes you like the most, so I decided to make zucchini pasta with vegan Alfredo sauce and this amazing dish came to life.
It’s a raw vegan recipe and we love it because is so easy to make, especially if you buy the zucchini pasta (you can find it here in Spain), so you can save some time. Besides, unlike our old recipe, this one is oil-free, but you can add oil instead of tahini if you want.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 2 zucchini
- 2/3 cup unsweetened raw cashews (100 g)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant milk of your choice (125 ml), we used almond milk
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp tahini (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Make the zucchini noodles using a peeler or the Spiralizer.
- I prefer to soak the cashews overnight or at least for 4 hours to get a creamy sauce with a smooth texture, but it’s optional.
- To make the vegan Alfredo sauce just blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Mix the zucchini pasta and the Alfredo sauce in a mixing bowl until well combined. Then add some chopped fresh parsley on top (optional) and serve immediately.
- This pasta is better fresh. Mix the sauce and the zucchini noodles just before serving.
- The vegan Alfredo sauce can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 4 days.
- Feel free to use other veggies instead of the zucchini, garlic powder instead of fresh garlic, add other spices or herbs or any other ingredient you like.
- We’ve only eaten this dish raw, so we don’t know if you can cook it.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 274
- Sugar: 5.2 g
- Sodium: 279.2 mg
- Fat: 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.3 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 12.9 g