- 1 nori sheet
- 2 and 1/2 cups canned or cooked chickpeas (400 g), drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Blend the nori sheet in a powerful blender until you get nori flakes. You can also finely chop the nori sheet with a knife. Set aside.
- Add the chickpeas to a bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and mash again until well combined. If you want to save some time, use a food processor instead, although don’t over-blend.
- Keep the vegan tuna in a sealed container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
- The nori sheet is not optional, as we need it to get a fishy flavor. I guess you could use other seaweed, but I haven’t tried it myself.
- Tahini can be replaced by 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil (I’d use extra virgin olive oil).
- Feel free to use lime juice instead of the lemon juice.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 341 mg
- Fat: 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.2 g
- Fiber: 5.1 g
- Protein: 8.8 g