- 1 and 1/4 cups oat flour (150 g), gluten-free if needed
- 1 and 1/4 cups almond flour (130 g)
- 1/2 cup cane, coconut or brown sugar (40 g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (60 g)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant milk of your choice (125 ml), we used oat milk
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (90 g)
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds (70 g)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (70 g)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF or 180ºC. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl (oat flour, almond flour, sugar and baking powder).
- Mix the peanut butter and the plant milk in a jar and whisk or stir to combine.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the large mixing bowl (the peanut butter-milk mixture and the flax eggs) and stir until well combined.
- Add the chocolate chips, sesame seeds and dried cranberries, and stir until they’re evenly incorporated. If the dough is sticky, refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Now it’s time to make our trail mix cookies! We used a cookie scoop, but feel free to use a regular spoon or even your hands. Fill the scoop with dough and just press and release onto the lined baking sheet. Press down slightly to flatten.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cookies are golden at the edges, but still a little underdone in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies rest on the hot baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack or a serving plate.
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container at room temperature for 4-5 days or in the freezer for a month.
- Feel free to use any other type of flour or sweetener. Add more or less if needed.
- If you can’t eat peanuts, use almond butter or any other nut butter. Coconut butter is also a good choice.
- The chocolate chips, sesame seeds and dried cranberries are optional ingredients, so please feel free to omit them or use any other ingredients you have on hand.
- Chopped dark chocolate is a healthier alternative to chocolate chips, although it will melt while baking.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 18 mg
- Fat: 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 3.6 g