- 10 oz firm tofu (275 g), drained
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- Chop the tofu and add it into a food processor or a blender. I don’t usually press it, but it’s up to you.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Use it as a dip with some crudités or bread, spread it on some crackers or pizza, or even use it with vegan stuffed shells or vegan lasagna.
- Keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Use firm or extra firm tofu. Using silken or soft tofu is not a good idea.
- Feel free to use lime juice instead of lemon juice.
- You could also add other spices like garlic or onion powder, or fresh or dried herbs such as oregano or basil.
- Nutritional yeast gives this recipe its cheesy flavor, but if you can’t find it you could also use vegan Parmesan cheese instead.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 61
- Sugar: 0.3 g
- Sodium: 93.3 mg
- Fat: 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.8 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 7.4 g