- 10 ounces firm tofu (275 g)
- 1/2 cup white wine (125 ml)
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Chop the tofu and use a fork to crumble it into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat some water or oil in a skillet and cook the tofu over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until it starts to golden brown. Stir occasionally.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and cook over medium-high heat for another 5 to 10 minutes or until tofu is ready. Feel free to omit the wine, but the cooking time may vary a little bit (tofu will be ready sooner). Chorizo will be tastier if you add the wine though.
- Serve immediately or keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
- Use this vegan chorizo tofu to make dishes like vegan chorizo and potato tacos, vegan chorizo queso dip, vegan spanish tofu scramble with potatoes and chorizo, simple vegan spanish rice with chorizo, vegan mexican style potatoes with chorizo or any recipe that calls for chorizo.
- Feel free to use coconut aminos or some salt instead of the tamari or soy sauce.
- Add your favorite herbs and spices.
- Nutrition information has been calculated with no oil.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 94
- Sugar: 1.6 g
- Sodium: 410 mg
- Fat: 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.9 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 7 g