For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sriracha to taste (optional)
For the salad:
- 3 cups julienned romaine lettuce (150 g)
- 1 cup julienned red cabbage (60 g)
- 1 julienned carrot
- 1/4 julienned red bell pepper
- 1/4 julienned fresh mango
- Chopped fresh cilantro and peanuts for garnish (optional)
- To make the dressing just mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Chop all the salad ingredients and place them in a big mixing bowl.
- Add the salad dressing and stir until well combined.
- This salad is better fresh. Add the dressing just before serving. Store the salad ingredients and the dressing separately in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- If you can’t eat peanuts, use any other nut butter or any healthy fat you like.
- Any sweetener will do.
- If you don’t eat soy, use coconut aminos or salt instead of the tamari/soy sauce.
- Any hot sauce can be used instead of the sriracha, or even cayenne powder or any chili pepper.
- Use your favorite veggies, fruits and ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe without the cilantro and the peanuts
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 16.8 g
- Sodium: 551.7 mg
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 5.1 g
- Protein: 6.9 g