Alberto really loves Thai food and it’s perfect for summer because is so refreshing and easy to make. We’ve been making this vegan Thai salad a lot lately and we wanted to share it with you guys, so here it is.
The dressing is made with peanut butter (yum!) and the salad is so beautiful and colorful. Besides, it’s ready in just 15 minutes with healthy and natural ingredients. If you want to try something different or make something special, but simple for your loved ones, this recipe is for you.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sriracha to taste (optional)
For the salad:
- 3 cups julienned romaine lettuce (150 g)
- 1 cup julienned red cabbage (60 g)
- 1 julienned carrot
- 1/4 julienned red bell pepper
- 1/4 julienned fresh mango
- Chopped fresh cilantro and peanuts for garnish (optional)
- To make the dressing just mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Chop all the salad ingredients and place them in a big mixing bowl.
- Add the salad dressing and stir until well combined.
- This salad is better fresh. Add the dressing just before serving. Store the salad ingredients and the dressing separately in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- If you can’t eat peanuts, use any other nut butter or any healthy fat you like.
- Any sweetener will do.
- If you don’t eat soy, use coconut aminos or salt instead of the tamari/soy sauce.
- Any hot sauce can be used instead of the sriracha, or even cayenne powder or any chili pepper.
- Use your favorite veggies, fruits and ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe without the cilantro and the peanuts
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 16.8 g
- Sodium: 551.7 mg
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 5.1 g
- Protein: 6.9 g