- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp flax seeds + 3 tbsp water
- 9 oz tempeh (250 g)
- 1/4 cup parsley (a handful)
- 1/2 cup almond meal (50 g)
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour (25 g)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (60 g)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
For the sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce (375 g)
- 1 cup coconut milk (250 ml)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- Cook the onion and the garlic (finely chopped) in a saucepan with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until golden brown.
- Blend the flax seeds and the water in a blender. Set aside.
- Add the tempeh to the food processor and pulse to break down. Add the cooked onion and garlic, flax seeds mixture, parsley, almond meal, chickpea flour, bread crumbs, oregano, garlic and onion powder and tomato sauce and mix again. When the dough is ready, make balls with your hands.
- Cook the meatballs in a saucepan with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat until golden brown. Set aside.
- To make the sauce, cook the tomato sauce, coconut milk and curry powder in a saucepan for about 5 minutes. Add the meatballs and cook for at least another 10 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker
- Serving Size: 1/4/ of the recipe
- Calories: 516
- Sugar: 9.3g
- Sodium: 643mg
- Fat: 34.6g
- Saturated Fat: 15.6g
- Carbohydrates: 37.2g
- Fiber: 8.8g
- Protein: 22.5g