7-ingredient vegan stuffed sweet potatoes with black beans, corn, tomato, onion, parsley and a creamy tahini dressing. A hearty gluten-free dinner recipe.
I haven’t eaten many sweet potatoes growing up, they’re not very popular in Spain, especially in my family, but I’m obsessed with them now. How could I live without them for so many years?
It’s a super healthy and nutritious food and there are so many recipes you can make, but this one is my all-time favorite sweet potato recipe, it’s insanely delicious!
Baked sweet potatoes + beans + veggies + a super creamy and flavorful tahini dressing = EPIC entrée or side recipe!
Feel free to add any legume, cereal, veggie or sauce/dressing you have on hand. They’re also amazing with avocado slices or guacamole, although I prefer to have them with our tahini salad dressing, I’m sure you’re going to love it!
If you like our vegan stuffed sweet potatoes, check out these sweet potato recipes: vegan sweet potato and black bean enchiladas (gf), 5-ingredient sweet potato brownies, sweet potato coconut curry soup, sweet potato salad and low fat sweet potato chocolate pudding.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup canned or cooked black beans (75 g)
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels (70 g)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- Fresh parsley to taste, chopped
- Tahini salad dressing to taste (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF or 200ºC.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and prick each one a couple of times with a fork or a knife to allow steam to escape.
- Bake them in a lined baking sheet for 50 to 60 minutes or until they’re very tender.
- Remove from oven and cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Top with black beans, corn, tomato, onion, parsley and tahini salad dressing and serve immediately.
- These stuffed sweet potatoes are best when fresh, although you can keep leftovers separately in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Any type of potatoes will do, although baking time may vary.
- Use any legume, cereal, veggie or dressing you like.
- Feel free to add some salt and ground black pepper as well.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe without the dressing
- Calories: 185
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 11 mg
- Fat: 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.9 g
- Fiber: 6.1 g
- Protein: 4.8 g