- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup white wine (125 ml), optional
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 medium potatoes (28 oz or 800 g), peeled and diced
- 1 batch of vegan tofu chorizo
- 3 cups vegetable stock or water (750 ml)
- Heat some oil, vegetable stock or water in a large pot and add the garlic, onion and red pepper. Cook over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add the white wine and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Finally, add the rest of the ingredients, stir and cook over medium-high heat (partially covered) for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve immediately or keep leftovers in a sealed container for up to 5-7 days in the fridge.
- This recipe works best using pimenton de la Vera (Spanish paprika), but any type of paprika will do.
- Add more or less vegetable stock or water depending on how thick you want your stew.
- Feel free to use store-bought chorizo, but you should sautée it a little bit after the veggies are golden brown.
- Cooking time doesn’t include the time you need to make the vegan tofu chorizo.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 213
- Sugar: 5.3 g
- Sodium: 768 mg
- Fat: 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.7 g
- Fiber: 5.5 g
- Protein: 7.6 g