- 8 oz spaghetti (225 g), gf if needed
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- Dash of cayenne flakes
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes (800 g)
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives (35 g), sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 nori sheet (optional), powdered
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In the meanwhile, cook the garlic in a skillet with some oil, water or vegetable stock over medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Add the cayenne flakes, tomatoes, capers and olives. Stir and cook for 10 to 15 minutes more, covered.
- Remove from the heat, add the salt, pepper and nori (we added the nori sheet into a blender and blended until powdered) and stir.
- Add the cooked spaghetti into the skillet, stir, add fresh basil to taste and serve immediately. Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- Feel free to use any type of pasta you have on hand.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 494
- Sugar: 11.2 g
- Sodium: 907 mg
- Fat: 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 102.9 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 21.9 g