- 3 carrots (1/2 pound or 225 g)
- 2 nori sheets, chopped
- 1 cup hot water (250 ml)
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF or 180ºC.
- Wash the carrots, add some salt to taste, place them onto a lined baking tray and bake for 40 minutes. You don’t have to peel them.
- In the meantime, you can make the marinade. Just add the nori, water, tamari, syrup, vinegar, paprika, garlic powder and pepper and blend until smooth.
- When the carrots are ready, remove from the oven, let them cool a little bit and slice them into strips with a knife, peeler or a mandoline.
- Transfer the carrot strips into a sealed container and massage with some salt to taste.
- Cover with the marinade and leave for at least 24 hours in the fridge.
- We spread some vegan cream cheese onto crakers and topped them with the vegan smoked salmon, dried dill and chopped red onion.
- Keep the vegan salmon in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Nori can be replaced for any other seaweed or just omit it if you want, although the vegan salmon won’t have a fishy flavor.
- Use any sweetener or vinegar (or even lemon juice) you have on hand.
- To make the salmon tastes even better, top with some extra virgin olive oil before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 47
- Sugar: 5.6g
- Sodium: 540mg
- Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 9.2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g