Vegan Salad in Jar
This vegan salad in a jar is so convenient to eat on the go. Pour the dressing in the bottom of the jar to prevent some ingredients go soggy.
- Author: Simple Vegan Blog
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1-2 1x
- Category: Salad, side dish
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 3.5 ounces buckwheat pasta (100 g)
- 1 cup chopped cucumber (100 g)
- 10 chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives (65 g)
- 1/2 cup greens of your choice, we used lamb's lettuce (15 g)
- 2 chopped walnuts for garnish
- 2 cups spinach (60 g)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (30 g)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta, wash it and let it cool down.
- To make the pesto just blend all the ingredients in a food processor. You can also make it in a blender, but don't over blend.
- Pour the pesto sauce in the bottom of the jar. Next, add the pasta, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, greens and walnuts.
- Screw the lid on the jar and refrigerate.
Keywords: vegan salad in jar, salad in jar, pasta salad