- 2 cups vegetable broth (500 milliliters)
- 1 cup almond milk (250 milliliters)
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup rice flour (90 grams)
- 1,8 ounces or 50 grams of dried tomatoes
- 3 cups of broccoli (250 grams)
- 1 cup water (250 milliliters)
- 1 cup quinoa (200 grams)
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- Salt to taste (optional) *
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC or 390 F
- Pour the vegetable broth and 1/2 cup of almond milk (125 milliliters) in a saucepan, bring them to boil.
- Place in a bowl the other 1/2 cup almond milk, the spices and the flour. Stir until all ingredients are blended and add the mixture to the saucepan. Stir with a whisk or wooden spoon until the sauce thickens.
- In another bowl, add a cup of water (250 milliliters), the sauce, quinoa and nutritional yeast. Stir and pour the mixture into a baking dish (greased with oil). Bake for 30 minutes.
- To hydrate the dried tomatoes, boil water in a saucepan, remove from the heat and add the dried tomatoes. Let stand 20 minutes and drain the tomatoes.
- Place the broccoli in boiling water for 1 or 2 minutes and run under cold water. Set aside.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and add the shredded dried tomatoes and broccoli and bake for another 5 minutes.
* We haven’t added salt because the vegetable broth, spices and dried tomatoes have a lot of flavor, but if you want, you can add some salt to the sauce or broccoli.
** Recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 313
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 83.2 mg
- Fat: 4.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 57.7 g
- Fiber: 6.6 g
- Protein: 11.3 g