- 7 oz pasta of your choice (200 g)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups almond milk (375 ml)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (130 g)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- The juice of half a lemon
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the garlic over medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Add 1 cup of almond milk (250 ml), the pumpkin puree, salt and pepper and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the rest of the milk (1/2 cup or 125 ml) and the cornstarch in a bowl and pour the mixture into the pan along with the rest of the ingredients (lemon juice and nutritional yeast).
- Cook over medium-high heat until the sauce thickens, stirring frequently.
- Add the pasta, stir and serve.
- We added more ground black pepper on top.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 327
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 551.5 mg
- Fat: 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.5 g
- Fiber: 7.8 g
- Protein: 15.6 g