- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (40 g or 16 tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup black olives (65 g), pitted
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese (225 g), softened, see notes
- 3 large flour tortillas
- To rehydrate the sun-dried tomatoes, just soak them in hot water for about 20 minutes or until they’re soft. You can also buy sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil (they’re ready to use).
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes and chop them. Chop the olives and basil as well and add all the filling ingredients to a bowl (sun-dried tomatoes, olives, basil and cream cheese). Then mix until well combined using a fork or a spoon.
- Spread the mixture over the 3 tortillas into an even layer.
- Roll tortillas tightly and slice into 12 pieces (each roll). You should have 36 pinwheels. I prefer to refrigerate the rolls before slicing them for at least 2 hours to harden and also to blend the flavors, but it’s totally optional.
- Serve immediately or keep them covered in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
- We used store-bought cream cheese, but you can also make our vegan cream cheese recipe (omit the onion powder and dried dill if you want).
- Feel free to use any type of olives, fresh or dried herbs or any ingredient you like.
- We used large tortillas (10 inches or 25 cm), so if you use smaller tortillas, you’ll need more.
- If you can’t eat gluten, use corn tortillas instead. As they’re smaller, you’ll need more as well.
- Serving Size: 1 pinwheel
- Calories: 36
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 102 mg
- Fat: 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.6 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 0.8 g