- 8 oz seitan (250 g)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Cut the seitan into 1 inch cubes (2.5 cm).
- Put the seitan cubes in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix with your hands until well combined.
- Now you can cook the seitan or marinate it for at least one hour, better overnight. This way it will have a more intense flavor.
- Traditional pinchos morunos are placed on metal or wood skewers, but it’s not necessary, you choose.
- We cooked our pinchos in a panini press and didn’t add any oil, but you can cook them any way you want (sautée them in a frying pan with a little bit of oil, bake them, grill them or whatever).
- Cook until all the sides of the pinchos are golden brown.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 161
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 403.4 mg
- Fat: 2.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.1 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 26.7 g