- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 ¼ cups canned or cooked chickpeas (400 g)
- 2 tbsp raw or roasted tahini
- The juice of 1 lemon and a half
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup raw or roasted pine nuts (35 g)
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil leaves (30 g)
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or a blender.
- Blend for about one minute or until you get a super smooth and creamy hummus. Try it and add more salt or any other ingredient if needed. If the hummus is too thick for you, add more oil or water and if it’s too watery, add more chickpeas.
- The hummus is ready to eat, just serve it in a bowl with some pita bread, crudités, tortilla chips or whatever you want. Keep it in the fridge in a sealed container for about 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 3.8g
- Sodium: 248mg
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 9.5g