- 0,9 ounces or 25 grams fresh basil
- 0,9 ounces or 25 grams pine nuts
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1,9 ounces or 50 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 slices of bread
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Place the basil, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Add the olive oil, nutritional yeast, sea salt and pepper, and pulse a few more times to combine.
- Toast the bread in a pan, a toaster or in the oven.
- Spread the pesto over the slices of bread, place cherry tomatoes on top and add some sea salt and pepper.
- Serving Size: 2 slices of bread
- Calories: 531
- Sugar: 7.7 g
- Sodium: 312.3 mg
- Fat: 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.2 g
- Fiber: 8.4 g
- Protein: 17.1 g