- ½ cup vegan butter (115 g), softened
- ½ cup peanut butter (130 g), smooth or crunchy
- 1 cup white granulated sugar (200 g)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 flax egg
- 1 and ½ cups all-purpose flour (190 g)
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar (50 g), for rolling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF or 180ºC.
- In a large bowl, add the vegan butter, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla extract and mix until creamy. You can use a hand mixer, stand mixer, or just a wooden spoon.
- Add the flax egg and mix until well combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl (baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour).
- Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and stir until well combined. The dough will be tough to stir, so using your hands to mix it together will be easier.
- Now it’s time to make your cookies! I used a cookie scoop, but feel free to use a regular spoon or even your hands. Fill the scoop with dough and just press and release onto a lined baking sheet.
- Roll the dough into balls, then roll the balls in sugar and place them evenly onto the baking sheet, about 2 inches apart (about 5 cm).
- Using the back of a fork, flatten in a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cookies are very lightly golden brown (I baked my cookies for 12 minutes). They will be soft when they come out of the oven but will firm up as they cool.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool.
- Serve warm with applesauce or a glass of almond milk, oat milk, or cashew milk.
- Store them in an airtight container for about 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Use almond butter or any nut butter instead of peanut butter.
- Feel free to use any kind of sugar, although I’ve never tried this recipe with liquid sweetener.
- Rolling the dough into the sugar is optional, but I personally believe the cookies taste better this way.
- You can use any other kind of flour, but you may need to add more or less of it.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 13.2 g
- Sodium: 174 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.3 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 2.7 g