For the salad:
- 8 ounces pasta (225 g), use gluten-free if needed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (200 g), chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, (70 g), pitted and chopped
- ½ cup English cucumbers (60 g), sliced into thin half-moons
- ½ cup corn kernels (85 g)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
For the salad dressing:
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool it down with some cold water. Set aside.
- To make the salad dressing just mix all the ingredients in a small bowl until well combined and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl (pasta, tomatoes, olives, cucumber, corn kernels, onion, basil, and salad dressing).
- Serve immediately. If you want to try a different kind of dressing, I’d recommend you make tahini dressing, vinaigrette, vegan mayo, vegan pesto, or even add vegan Parmesan cheese on top. If you’d like to complete your meal with some vegan protein, feel free to incorporate some chopped tempeh, seitan, or vegan bacon.
- Keep the leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
- Feel free to use your favorite salad dressing for this recipe.
- Lemon juice can be replaced by lime juice or even vinegar.
- You can customize your vegan pasta salad with any veggies, fresh or dried herbs, spices, or any other ingredient you want.
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 334
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 455 mg
- Fat: 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.5 g
- Fiber: 8.1 g
- Protein: 10.5 g