For the salad:
- 8 ounces pasta (225 g), use gluten-free if needed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (200 g), chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, (70 g), pitted and chopped
- ½ cup English cucumbers (60 g), sliced into thin half-moons
- ½ cup corn kernels (85 g)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
For the salad dressing:
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and cool it down with some cold water. Set aside.
- To make the salad dressing just mix all the ingredients in a small bowl until well combined and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl (pasta, tomatoes, olives, cucumber, corn kernels, onion, basil, and salad dressing).
- Serve your vegan pasta salad immediately. If you want to try a different kind of dressing, I’d recommend you try it with vegan mayo or vegan pesto to taste. If you’d like to add vegan protein to your meal, feel free to incorporate some chopped tempeh bacon. And don’t forget to add vegan Parmesan cheese on top!
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
- Feel free to use your favorite salad dressing for this recipe.
- Lemon juice can be replaced by lime juice or even vinegar.
- You can customize your vegan pasta salad with any veggies, fresh or dried herbs, spices, or any other ingredient you want.
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 334
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 455 mg
- Fat: 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.5 g
- Fiber: 8.1 g
- Protein: 10.5 g