For the salad:
- 8 ounces pasta (225 g), use gluten-free if needed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (200 g), chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, (70 g), pitted and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, julienned
- A handful of fresh basil, finely chopped
For the salad dressing (see notes for an oil-free alternative):
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool down the pasta with some cold water. Set aside.
- To make the salad dressing just mix all the ingredients in a small bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl (pasta, tomatoes, olives, onion, basil and dressing), stir and serve immediately.
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 307
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 455 mg
- Fat: 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 46.8 g
- Fiber: 6.4 g
- Protein: 7.9 g