- 18 ounces pasta of your choice (500 g), we used brown rice spaghetti
- 10 ounces firm tofu (275 g)
- 1/2 cup plant milk of your choice (125 ml), we used soy milk
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast (8 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (4 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tahini (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 ground black pepper
- Vegan bacon to taste, we usually add 3 slices for each serving
- Fresh parsley to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Place the rest of the ingredients (except the bacon and the parsley) in a blender and blend until smooth.
- When the pasta is ready, strain it and place it in a frying pan or in the same pot you’ve cooked the pasta, add the sauce and the bacon (chopped) and cook over medium-high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve with some fresh parsley on top, more pepper and more bacon (optional).
- Store the pasta carbonara in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 4 days.
- Use any type of pasta you want.
- Adding 1 tsp of turmeric powder you’ll get a beautiful color, but if you’re not a big fan of this ingredient, omit it or add just 1/2 tsp.
- If you don’t eat soy, you could try to use overnight soaked cashews instead of the tofu and any other plant milk instead of the soy milk.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe using nutritional yeast instead of the vegan parmesan cheese and without the bacon
- Calories: 375
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 195.9 mg
- Fat: 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 61.3 g
- Fiber: 10.6 g
- Protein: 22.9 g