- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews (150 g)
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor or a powerful blender and blend until well mixed.
- Use it to make vegan pesto, sprinkle it over a plate of vegan pasta Alfredo or some vegan pizza, or simply add it to all your favorite dishes.
- Keep the leftovers in a sealed container the fridge for several weeks.
- You could also use roasted nuts, but I think this vegan Parmesan cheese tastes better when it’s made with raw nuts.
- Add any spices or fresh or dried herbs you’d like.
- Be careful not to over blend the mixture or you’ll get a kind of cashew butter instead.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp (of 16)
- Calories: 63
- Sugar: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 149 mg
- Fat: 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.1 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2.7 g